The busser is responsible for assisting our servers in taking care of any and all guests’ needs while they dine at FDR. They are to assist in running food, clearing dirty tables, refilling drinks, assisting with opening, closing and running side work and maintaining a clean environment in all areas of our facility that guests have access to including dining area, patio, bathrooms and entry/exit areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Four Day Ray’s company culture and demonstrating excellent service standards at all times. Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Safely and efficiently assisting with running prepared foods, refilling non-alcoholic beverages, restocking all essential service wares, linens etc. Clearing tables of dirty wares and maintaining a pristinely clean environment and uniform while doing so.
- Assisting with opening and closing procedures defined in our standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintaining standards of sanitation, of both our facility and your personal hygiene to ensure we are providing the safest dining environment for our guests and other employees.
- Displaying knowledge of all emergency procedures including familiarity with MSDS (material safety data sheets) for chemical usage.
- Consistently communicating with supervising chef keeping them abreast of all department activities, and ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify supervising chef immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good, safe working order.
- Working well with co-workers in any kitchen environment.
Position requires 1 (one) years’ experience in the food service industry in a similar role. Position requires the ability to successfully set up and work multiple areas within the FDR facility. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, distinguish letters, numbers, symbols and be involved in daily professional communication with co-workers and guests. The position requires math skills as well as the ability to measure, and estimate, and the ability to multi task, possess proper knife skills, basic food knowledge inclusive of specifications (size, shape, color, package size, weight, growing season, origin, seasonal availability) as defined by hiring management. The position requires the trained use of restaurant equipment such as knives, sanitation equipment, tea/coffee machines, and other equipment used in the restaurant on a daily basis. Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that daily work performed is conducted within HACCP guidelines. Position requires employee to be at least 16 years of age and consent of legal guardians and school administrators if a working minor. Required to comply with safe and hazard free work environment practices stipulated in ILC, County/State/Federal Department of Health and OSHA policies, procedures and regulations and FDR guidelines described in the FDR employee manual. Position requires scheduling flexibility, may be required to work weekends, holidays, overnight, or overtime, based upon scheduling and business needs.
The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push or pull 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit with or without assistance. Handle heat from cooking appliances, food and dish/glass/ware washing machines. The position also requires normal or corrected vision range, with the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols. Ability to stand for duration of shift walk frequently, bend and/or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance (stand, sit, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp).
Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors and involves continuous exposure to high and low temperatures, sunlight, fluorescent light, wet surfaces and noise. Work may entail trained chemical usage and constant contact with fellow employees and guests. Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain cigar, cigarette, or cooking smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks will be performed from a primarily non-sitting position (approx. 95% standing, walking and 5% sitting). Employees will be required to navigate safely on potentially slippery floors. Tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area or any tasks assigned by senior management.
For consideration, please email an application along with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org