The dishwasher and utility team member is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Other duties as directed.
High School Diploma or GED required. Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that daily work performed is conducted within HACCP guidelines. Required to comply with safe and hazard free work environment practices stipulated in ILC, County/State/Federal Department of Health and OSHA policies, procedures and regulations. Position requires scheduling flexibility, may be required to work weekends, holidays, overnight, or overtime, based upon scheduling and business needs.
The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push or pull 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit with or without assistance. Handle heat from cooking appliances, food and dish/glass/ware washing machines. The position also requires normal or corrected vision range, with the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols. Ability to stand for duration of shift walk frequently, bend and/or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance (stand, sit, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp).
Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors and involves continuous exposure to high and low temperatures, sunlight, fluorescent light, wet surfaces and noise. Work may entail trained chemical usage and constant contact with fellow employees and guests. Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain cigar, cigarette, or cooking smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks will be performed from a primarily non-sitting position (approx. 95% standing, walking and 5% sitting). Employees will be required to navigate safely on potentially slippery floors. Tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area or any tasks assigned by senior management.
For consideration, please email an application along with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.