The host/hostess is responsible for our guests’ first impression of FDR. They are the first interaction guests have with our staff and can set the tone for the entire dining experience. This position requires the employee to maintain bright, personable traits and not be afraid to interact with multiple types of personalities. The ability to multitask is essential to success at this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet every guest with an enthusiastic welcome, and assist them with their needs.
- Maintain proper seating rotation during each shift.
- Adhere to quote times that are assigned to walk-in guests so that they are seated at a table in the time we said we would seat them.
- Update manager on duty about what is going on at the host stand and inform them of any problems or potential problems in meeting a guests needs.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Stock host area with all essential items needed to run a smooth and efficient shift.
- Help role silverware before during and after service hours.
- Maintain clean and presentable menus for our guests to use during their visit. Notify management if we are running low or have damaged menus so that they can provide the amount of menus we need.
- Sweep floors in the host and entry areas, and the ability to clean windows on a daily basis.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure guest area floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time you feel something is not right.
- Other duties as directed.
Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that daily work performed is conducted within HACCP guidelines. Required to comply with safe and hazard free work environment practices stipulated in ILC, County/State/Federal Department of Health and OSHA policies, procedures and regulations. Position requires scheduling flexibility, may be required to work weekends, holidays, overnight, or overtime, based upon scheduling and business needs.
The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push or pull 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit with or without assistance. Handle heat from cooking appliances, food and dish/glass/ware washing machines. The position also requires normal or corrected vision range, with the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols. Ability to stand for duration of shift walk frequently, bend and/or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance (stand, sit, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp).
Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors and involves continuous exposure to high and low temperatures, sunlight, fluorescent light, wet surfaces and noise. Work may entail trained chemical usage and constant contact with fellow employees and guests. Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain cigar, cigarette, or cooking smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks will be performed from a primarily non-sitting position (approx. 95% standing, walking and 5% sitting). Employees will be required to navigate safely on potentially slippery floors. Tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area or any tasks assigned by senior management.
For consideration, please email an application along with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.