The pantry cook is responsible for supporting the sous chef in the successful production of raw and/or cooked food products for culinary operations at Four Day Ray. This team member will participate in the safe and efficient setup, preparation and display of cold salads, antipasti, sandwiches, cold displays, salad dressings, slicing deli meats and cheeses by specifications for guest consumption, as well as other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Four Day Ray’s company culture and demonstrating excellent service standards at all times. Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Safe efficient production of food products including quality and quantity control, par levels, food storage, and product rotation, cutting, slicing, mixing, blending, etc.
- Follow Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’s) and production list to meet required par levels and specifications for assigned station or duties at ILC
- Maintains standards of sanitation, kitchen and personal hygiene and cleanliness, as well as food service techniques and safety all with regard to the safe handling of food products for guest’s consumption.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures including familiarity with MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for chemical usage.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with supervising Chef keeping them abreast of all department activities, and ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify supervising Chef immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good, safe working order.
- Possess the ability to work with co-workers in any kitchen environment.
High school diploma or GED required. College degree or culinary arts degree is helpful. Position requires 1 (one) year experience in the food service industry as a pantry or cold food preparer or similar position. Position requires basic knowledge of food products including cold cuts, dairy products, produce, etc. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, distinguish letters, numbers, symbols and be involved in daily professional communication with co-workers and guests. The position requires math skills as well as the ability to measure, and estimate, and the ability to multi task, possess proper knife skills, basic food knowledge inclusive of specifications (size, shape, color, package size, weight) as defined by hiring management. The Position requires the trained use of kitchen equipment such as knives, stoves, ovens, fryers, steamers, choppers, grinders, mixers, sealers, etc. Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that daily work performed is conducted within HACCP guidelines. Required to comply with safe and hazard free work environment practices stipulated in ILC, County/State/Federal Department of Health and OSHA policies, procedures and regulations. Position requires scheduling flexibility, may be required to work weekends, holidays, overnight, or overtime, based upon scheduling and business needs.
The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push or pull 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit with or without assistance. Handle heat from cooking appliances, food and dish/glass/ware washing machines. The position also requires normal or corrected vision range, with the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols. Ability to stand for duration of shift walk frequently, bend and/or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance (stand, sit, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp).
Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors and involves continuous exposure to high and low temperatures, sunlight, fluorescent light, wet surfaces and noise. Work may entail trained chemical usage and constant contact with fellow employees and guests. Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain cigar, cigarette, or cooking smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks will be performed from a primarily non-sitting position (approx. 95% standing, walking and 5% sitting). Employees will be required to navigate safely on potentially slippery floors. Tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area or any tasks assigned by senior management.
For consideration, please email an application along with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.